Thursday, February 18, 2016

Building beam mold side frames.

I'm trying to keep busy while waiting for materials by starting on the beam molds.
In light of this, I have started the cut out's for the Forward Starboard mold.

I have a lot of work left to do, so hopefully I can get most of it taken care of over the weekend.

Also working on getting a heating blanket for the epoxy post-curing.

I had previously glued on an extension to these 3/4" (19mm) sheets of MDF, so it was simply a matter of screwing two sheets together (to ensure both sides are the same), double-checking the template against the plans and then tracing around the outer edge to get the cut-out shape defined.


Carefully marked holes for the pivot pins.
These holes will be double-checked with a gauge template included in the Full-Sized Plans.


Cut out and ready for sanding.
The pivot pin holes have been bored out as well.

The matching "top" side can be seen behind the dolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment