Monday, June 20, 2016

Beam Carbon Anchor blanks curing

A sticky messy job that took about three hours to complete.

The beams are super critical to the integrity of the boat and the instructions stress a nice tight wrap (no wrinkles) so I really put in a lot of effort pulling the fabric very tight as I completed the wraps. Once that was done, I hung them both on a rod to lay up the remainder of the fabric before wrapping with Peel Ply. Both blanks received an additional layer of carbon to remove all doubt regarding strength. My final thickness measurement ended up right in the middle of the required thickness, so I'm happy with that decision.

Both carbon blanks are now hanging around waiting for a full cure before cleanup and ripping down to produce the sixteen pieces required for the next step.

Peel Ply removed to check quality (No bare hands on these pieces)

Final Carbon UD thickness should be 6.6 - 8mm

Nailed it!


Hanging around to cure while I work on planking the inner starboard float hull

No comments:

Post a Comment