Thursday, June 16, 2016

Prepping for carbon anchor wrap

After moving the carton of foam up onto the foam loft, I took care of some UFS sanding. Those are getting really close to being completed, but I did need one more epoxy fill session on UFS #4 (as expected) to fill the small gap between the top of the cheek block and the final three layers of glass on the side. It's just a small filler amount needed for blending those areas together when sanding.

I should be able to finish the UFS housings over the weekend and post some photos.

With that mostly completed, I was finally able to clean off the work table and add some temporary extensions to create a 25' (7.62m) long laminating table. Then I measured and pre-cut the fiberglass and Carbon UNI in preparation for the Beam Carbon Anchor wrap.

I still need to cut out the additional pieces of carbon that complete the assembly, but I was tired and went in for the evening.

Carbon Anchor Blanks ready for a layer of Fiberglass layer followed by Eight wraps of Carbon UNI and then some additional pieces of Carbon over the pivot end


Fiberglass (upper left) and Carbon UNI pre-cut and ready for laminating

Rolled and Clamped some additional length of Carbon at one end so I can pull against it to make the wraps nice and tight.



No comments:

Post a Comment