Monday, June 20, 2016

UFS housings done for now

I finally had some time to sit down and do the final sanding on all four of these pieces.
They are finally done now and can be marked off the "To Do" list.

These four pieces represent over 200 hours of labor, they took much longer than I thought.

I'll have to weigh them again before choosing which beam to put them in, but from what I remember, two of them came in right at 4.8kg, while the other two came in over 5kg.
They should certainly be lighter, but using Resin Infusion added several layers of fabric to make up the required thickness. I also added a few layers over the top to raise the height a bit to account for the use of thicker foam.

There are 110 layers of fabric from the outside of one cheek block to the outside of the other one!






No comments:

Post a Comment